Adopt An Animal
The Masai Giraffe
Walter is one of the Zoo's three resident giraffes. His favorite food is Monkey Chow Biscuits.
Giraffe roam over large areas of bush and savannah areas, living often in
semi-desert regions where they get most of their water from their food. Giraffes live to be 15-20 years old in the wild.
- The Greenville Zoo has three Masai Giraffe named Autumn, Walter and their offspring, Kiko, who was born at the zoo in October 2012.
- Baby giraffes are about 6 feet tall when they are born.
- A giraffe’s tongue is 18 to 20 inches (46 to 50 centimeters) long and blue-black.
- Giraffes can moo, hiss, roar, and whistle.
- Autumn enjoys chewing on a long pieces of grass.
How to Adopt
You can use the Adopt an Animal form below to join the program. Simply fill it out and return it to the Greenville Zoo.
Download Adopt An Animal Application