Vision: The Greenville Zoo envisions a self-sustaining organization that inspires the community to share its values of caring for wild animals and natural habitats.
Mission:The Mission of the Greenville Zoo is to provide an enjoyable guest experience while we support and promote conservation efforts that enhance the quality of life for all living things.
- The Living Collection: We are committed to providing the highest level of care to the wildlife ambassadors entrusted to us and ensuring that the care they receive meets and/or exceeds all animal care standards set by the AZA.
- Learning: We connect people to nature through incomparable educational experiences that engage their minds, touch their hearts and move them to embrace responsible stewardship.
- Conservation: We promote, support and participate in initiatives on behalf of the world’s wildlife that protect and save wildlife and natural habitats both locally and globally.
- Science: We actively seek knowledge about wildlife and human behaviors that strengthens all aspects of our organization and mission and share our experiences with other zoo professionals to help establish best practices and set industry standards.
- Sustainability: We are stewards of the Earth by continually looking at methods to reduce our use of natural resources and working with other accredited zoos to cooperatively manage captive animal populations for future generations.
- Community: We aspire to enrich the lives of the people in our community by maintaining a guest experience that is
- Financial Stability: We manage our financial resources in ways that inspire trust and demonstrate accountability to the community.
- Collaboration: We believe that in working with others we are able to maximize our impact and achieve greater goals.
- Innovation: We embrace a creative and innovative approach to exhibit design, educational programming, animal husbandry, conservation and research, and customer service.
- Staff: We are committed to the continuous development of our skilled and professional family of employees and endeavor to provide a mission focused, inclusive work environment.
- Confidence: We are dedicated to providing a high standard of cleanliness throughout the campus to ensure a safe environment for both humans and animals alike and to maintain a site that promotes confidence in the abilities of the staff.
- Active Living: We connect people with nature by providing uncommon, healthy recreational experiences designed to entertain and educate our guests.
- Action: We believe that as an organization, it is our responsibility to set a precedence of leadership in our actions, before we can expect others to join and follow.