Our homeschool programs offer lively, hands-on classes that are sure to engage students as they learn. Classes often include experiments, animal encounters, and educational games. Vocabulary and post activities will be provided to ensure that your child gets the most out of these programs. Program length: 90 minutes
HOME SCHOOL FESTIVAL
AUGUST 27th 10AM-2PM
Free with paid admission
See what makes the Zoo a great classroom.
Summer’s just heating up but it’s about time to go back to school. Come learn in one of the wildest classrooms around! The Greenville Zoo supports K5-8 grade students. Classes are 90 minutes and meet SC standards.
- Come meet our Home School Coordinator
- Learn more about our programs
- Meet our animal ambassadors
- K5 - 2nd grade - 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- 3rd - 5th grade - 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 6th - 8th grade - 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Individual Program Prices
- Members - $15 (1 child)
- Non-members - $20 (1 child)
Bundle Program Prices
Bundles are: (Sept-May) (Sept - Dec) (Jan - Apr)
- 4 Month: Members - $55 (1 child)
- 4 Month: Non-members - $75 (1 child)
- All Year: Members- $110 (1 child)
- All Year:Non-members- $150 (1 child)
Program Titles and Dates
A Sea of Possibilities
Splash into the world of amazing aquatic life and learn how we can help them survive!
- Monday Sessions: September 9, 2019
- Tuesday Sessions: September 10, 2019
Social Butterflies and Wallflowers
Come explore social networking in the animal kingdom. We'll discuss why some animals are secretive and why some are gregarious.
- Monday Sessions: October 7, 2019
- Tuesday Sessions: October 8, 2019
Do you eat like a bird? Maybe like some animals... you prefer 'fast food.' In this class we'll discuss what's on the menu in the animal kingdom!
- Monday Sessions: November 4, 2019
- Tuesday Sessions: November 5, 2019
Home Sweet Home
Did you wake up in a tree, a cave, or a swamp? Let's explore the different and diverse areas animals call home.
- Monday Sessions: December 9, 2019
- Tuesday Sessions: December 10, 2019
The Tools of Survival
Animals can use claws, venom, poison, and camouflage to survive. Learn the different ways animal have adapted to stay alive!
- Monday Sessions: January 6, 2020
- Tuesday Sessions: January 7, 2020
Just like you might have a best friend or two, there are animal buddies in the wild world too! We will investigate interspecies relationship and why animals have besties.
- Monday Sessions: January 27, 2020
- Tuesday Sessions: January 28, 2020
Are you ready for a swinging time? Find out what makes an animal, like gibbons, adapted to life in the tree.
- Monday Sessions: March 2, 2020
- Tuesday Sessions: March 3, 2020
No Backbone, No Problem!
Come explore the amazing world of invertebrates, animals that lack a backbone. Let's examine animals that are large and small that no internal skeletons but have amazing life cycles and surprising survival skills.
- Monday Sessions: April 6, 2020
- Tuesday Sessions: April 7, 2020
Join us on this special opportunity for homeschool families! Start your adventure with a live animal encounter at the zoo. We will then be lead into Cleveland Park by zoo staff for a fun educational hike!
Dates and Pricing
Select Tuesdays 10-11 a.m.
$10.00 per family (Program only. Does not include admission to tour the zoo). Register Here
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020