The Greenville Zoo is excited to welcome back our loyal members.
During this reopening phase, the Greenville Zoo will be implementing new ticketing procedures. Everyone will need to have an online reservation to visit the zoo, even our valued members. This will assist with social distancing and capacity management. To reserve your time frame, click here!
We are unable to reserve reciprocal zoo members at the discount rate at this time. Please contact the reciprocity zoo for more information on discounts before you visit or purchase a membership.
If you are already a Greenville Zoo Member, your membership will be extended to account for time lost during the closure. If you have any questions, please call 864-467-4542.
Membership has its benefits and the zoo has a variety of options tailored to meet your family size and visitation habits. Membership begins on the date of purchase and all memberships include the following:
- Free year-round zoo admission.
- Early sign-up and discounts on all education programs, including Zoo Camp.
- Free or discounted admission to more than 130 other zoos around the country (view the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) list).
- Free or discounted admission to special events such as Boo in the Zoo.
- 10% discount in the gift shop and on concessions.
- Monthly e-newsletters, updates and notices of special events.
In an effort to support our conservation initiatives, the paper guest tickets will no longer be printed. We will keep track of your yearly guest count electronically. When you arrive and bring an extra guest, please let the ticket attendant know.
Your membership helps the zoo’s efforts to preserve threatened and endangered wildlife, with five dollars from each membership going directly to conservation!
Become a corporate member and enjoy memberships for employees and other benefits, including enhanced zoo access and visibility for your business. Support from businesses and organizations, large and small, helps to further the Zoo’s growth and shows your commitment to the community, conservation and education.
Greenville Zoo Membership FAQ:
1. Are memberships refundable? No, memberships are non-refundable.
2. Can I transfer my membership to another name? No, memberships are non-transferable.
3. I lost or misplaced my membership card. Can I still visit the Greenville Zoo? Yes, you will need to show your photo ID.
4. How do I replace my lost or stolen membership card? Contact the membership office at (864) 467-4542. There is a $5 replacement fee.
5. Will the membership run from the calendar year or from the date of purchase? Your membership begins on the date of purchase and expires a year from the month of purchase.
6. Can anyone purchase an annual membership? Yes, anyone can purchase an annual membership, no matter where they live. If you are purchasing a membership as a gift, you must provide the receiver's name and address or the membership will be mailed to you.
7. I have a current membership and a gift membership has been purchased for my family. Will these memberships overlap? No, your membership will be extended for another 12 months.
8. My spouse is a member but does not have photo ID. Can they still enter the zoo? Yes, but member must use an available digital guest pass or pay regular admission. Photo ID is required to prevent the misuse of memberships.
9. Why do I have to show ID if I'm a member? Photo ID is required to ensure you are a member of the Greenville Zoo. This prevents the misuse of memberships.
10. My spouse is part of my household. Why can’t they enter the zoo without me? If your spouse is not named on your membership, they are not a member. As a result, you must be present for them to enter. You can upgrade your membership to the household level for $5. If you choose to do so, you will need to return your previous membership cards in exchange for new ones.
11. Can someone else use my membership to bring my children? Yes, but they must present the membership card for the member child.
12. Can I upgrade my membership? Yes, memberships can be upgraded at any time; however, keep in mind that the added benefits will expire along with your membership.
13. I have a guest option membership. Can the guest use my card without me? No, the primary named member must be present for guests to enter.
14. Are my nieces and nephews covered under my household membership? No, membership covers the primary named member and dependent household children only.
15. When will my discounts start? Discounts begin on the date of membership purchase.
16. How can I apply my admission receipt to purchase a membership? Present the receipt at the admissions booth before 4:15 p.m. on the day of your visit. The admission price will be deducted from the membership purchase.
17. I did not receive my guest passes. What should I do? In efforts to be more eco-friendly, we have discontinued paper passes. Guest passes are digitally tracked within our system. When you arrive and bring an extra guest, please let the ticket attendant know.
18. How can I change the add on name? There is a $5 fee to change a name and print new member cards.
19. When will I receive my membership cards? Membership cards will be mailed within 10 business days. If you have not received your cards within two weeks, contact the Membership Coordinator at (864) 467-4542 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you purchase in person, you will receive a temporary pass. If you purchase online, your email confirmation will serve as your temporary pass. If you purchase by mail, please call the membership office before visiting the zoo to make sure your payment was received.
20. How many membership cards will I receive? You will receive two identical named cards.
21. My children’s names were not requested for my membership. How does the membership work for them? Your household children count will show on the member card and receive free admission when you enter.
22. Do you reciprocate with other zoos and aquariums? Yes, the Greenville Zoo is a member of the Association of Zoos & Aquariums. Please contact the zoo you are planning to visit for prices before you visit as their policies may change without notice. While reciprocal zoos will honor the named members and dependent children, they are not required to honor the extra benefits of your zoo membership. Reciprocal zoos do not share databases, so please remember to take your membership card and photo IDs.
23. How will I receive my discount at a reciprocal zoo without my membership card? The reciprocal zoo will accept your temporary pass or email confirmation with a valid photo ID.